April 18, 2015

Marie Antoinette, hair with three Es!

Ok so now some hair for our Aurora Wings digi. The colours I used are
I start by colouring with the E11, just drawing the highlight lines. It really helps me to draw this first so I know where not to colour.
Next I take E35 and colour the hair, leaving the highlights, which I added to the top curls too, cause I forgot the first time!! The highlights are only a small space so don't be afraid to get in close with your medium colour. When I colour I will generally follow the lines of the image, or in this case, the hair. 
The next step is with E47. Using this I add the darker shading, going around the edges and where I think shadow might go like under curls. You need to make sure you can still see a bit of the other colours under your shading.
Now a lot of people will say don't blend hair, but it really depends on the style and look you are after. I love blending and so I did that next, using the lightest colour, E11. This just means I went all over the whole hair with the pen, making it nice and wet too.
So now I go back over with my middle shade, E35 drawing from the darker colour, but making sure I leave in the thin highlights.
And then I reshade the deeper shadows with E47. It comes up richer because the paper is a little wet. This is also when I pull a few dark strands out  into the middle colour, not many though!
Lastly I go over the highlights with my colourless blender, 0, just to make it look a little like a shine.
And it's done . I hope this has helped you!!
Look out for finishing her off soon!

No comments: